Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage multiple respiratory projects with critical portfolio impact (high risk, complex, and value).
- Overall responsibility for the Project Management department at the Sandoz Development Center or a dedicated Team of Project Managers. Establish, maintain and lead the team operationally and functionally and ensure the development and retention of team members.
- Responsible for planning and execution of product development projects. Plans and directs schedules and supervises budget/spending. Ensures consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle.
- Provides direction on product development requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business partners. Interacts with research and development, marketing, manufacturing, and regulatory departments and with external partners.
- Responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management and issue resolution for functional group. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operations effective achievement of objectives. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
- Regularly interacts with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives. Interface management across the local and global organization.
- Represents area as core member in the Global Project Teams for defining global scientific strategy for development up to submission and approval in markets of assigned products.
What you'll bring to the role:
- PhD in natural sciences (pharmacy, chemistry or similar) or MSc / MBA with project management experience in pharmaceutical industry; project management trainings and certification advantageous. Proficient in English.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in pharmaceutical development environment with min. 5 years of program/project management experience including complex projects and multi-projects management. Minimum 5 years of leadership experience with leading a team of direct reports.
- Functional and technical knowledge and skills in respiratory product development. Excellent knowledge of (generic) pharmaceutical environment and understanding of (generic) respiratory R&D, including respiratory regulatory, quality and development requirements.
- Experience with setting up high-performing teams and efficient processes; previous track record of success in working with and leading large scale and complex international and multidisciplinary drug development teams.
- Proven track record to communicate, present and collaborate effectively.
- Sophisticated knowledge in international customs and business practice.
- Excellent proven planning, monitoring and reporting skills, ability to use accurate tools and templates in project and program management, with the ability to set priorities.
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Research & Development
Product Dev SZ