Who we are & What we do
In one sentence:
🍫 We are one team on a mission to reshape the oldest and largest industry on the planet – food 🍫
In more than one sentence:
Currently, up to 40% of the world's food is never consumed while 815 million people are undernourished. The supply chain is grossly fragmented, as the world population's demand and its demands continue to grow rapidly, the food industry urgently needs to be transformed.
Our goal is to revolutionize and digitalize the entire supply chain globally by connecting all of its players, while also empowering them locally to reduce waste, meet demand, and increase their bottom line.
Today, Choco provides a free digital platform that connects restaurants with their suppliers; an effortless tool that optimises communication, eliminates operational inefficiencies, and simplifies the entire ordering process for all sides. So far we have helped tens of thousands of restaurants and suppliers across four continents, but this is only the first step.
As one of the fastest growing tech start-up's globally, we're moving quicker than ever, assembling the most driven, humble and intelligent people to reach the next level together.
To disrupt the status quo, we are looking for hyper-motivated hustlers, optimistic go-getters, and versatile thinkers who have the passion and determination to go to the moon together.
We know the road won't be easy, but we're 100% committed to our mission because we care about the world we live in and the one we leave behind.
Besides that, we are not the only ones to believe in Choco.
Founded in March 2018, we have already raised one of the largest series A of the last 5 years (Total raised $71.5M). We are backed by world leading VCs such as Coatue and Bessemer Venture Partners, as well as startup leaders and entrepreneurs who have built companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, SoundCloud, DropBox, and Delivery Hero.
What about the team in Berlin ?
Berlin is our HQ, where it all began. 🙌
You can find here the most driven Tech and Product team you will meet, all along our hard-working Global Operations functions, Finance and marketing teams.
Finally, at its core, you can find the People Operations Team.
Here is more about us, enjoy the !
What does a HR Specialist do at Choco
⏩ What is the function of the Human Resources Department within Choco? ⏪
The Human resources department is an integral part of Choco, it is responsible for educating employees on their benefits, drafting contracts and processing payroll.
🎯 The 3 benefits we propose you if you join us : 🎯
- You have the opportunity to grow and develop into the Human Resources field
- Ownership: With minimal supervision, you would have complete ownership of your daily task hence finding the best way to achieve objectives.
- Become a true team player : By collaborating with the HR and TA, you would have the opportunity to learn from them and become a master in your field.
- Supporting the Human Resources Department in obtaining payroll information from employees
- Support in cleaning Data from the HRIS
- Educating employees on holiday entitlements and policies
💪 What does it take to perform as a HR Specialist at Choco: 💪
3 must haves:
- Previous practical experience in Human Resources field (Internship/Trainee)
- You have a high level of confidentiality in keeping delicate information and decision
- Fluency in both German and English is necessary
- You have exceptional skills in management and organisation which helps you in prioritising daily tasks.
- Communication is the key to getting the job done. You possess the ability to pass on information to internal and external stakeholders efficiently.
- You are a team person. You have empathy for people around you
- First interview with a recruiter: This will be the first contact to determine alignments and culture fit.
- Second interview with the Hiring Manager: It will be your moment to convince your future manager that you are the person for the job.
- Third interview with the Senior People Operations manager: You will have the opportunity to meet with the head of people operations to convince further on why we need you and only you for the role
- Last interview with our CEO: Up to 30 mins to convince our Founder and CEO that you have what it takes to become a true Chocorian.
- You will receive an offer from us up to 48 hours after the last interview: Welcome 💌
- A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you ! 🚀
It’s your call now, don’t hesitate to apply!
Berlin Startup Jobs